Safety, Peace Of Mind And Medical Services Is Our Priority
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus), Graham Pediatrics of Woodstock is committed to doing our part to help prevent the spreading and exposure of the disease. We want to let you know that at Graham Pediatrics the safety of your family is our first priority. That is why we have gone above and beyond to ensure we can provide you with the safest environment for your child to be seen. We are taking every precaution to keep your family safe as well as following strict infection control guidelines:
Office Cleaning and Sterilization Practices
- All rooms are disinfected before and after each patient. Each doorknob, chair, exam table, medical tools, etc are cleaned with CDC and EPA approved cleaning solution to fight against COVID-19 among other diseases and bacteria.
- Professional cleaning is also performed every night to ensure the office is clean and ready to see to your family’s needs the next day.
- UV Light Air Purification System has been installed throughout the office to safely kills viruses, bacteria, germs and molds in the air. This ensures the air in the office is constantly being cleaned while bacteria and viruses are eliminated.
- Touchless features in restrooms. To keep you and your love ones safer from possible contamination we have our restrooms fitted with with touchless light switches, water faucets, toilets and paper towel dispensers.
All Staff Practices
- All personnel are required to log their temperature in the beginning of the day and at the end of the day. If any staff is not feeling well they are immediately sent home without ever coming in contact with your family.
- Personal Protective Equipment is worn by all our staff members which includes masks, face shields and gloves. Hand washing constantly is also something we enforce in the office for all our staff.
Prior to Your Visit
- COVID-19 screening. All families are screened by a series of COVID-19 related questions prior to the visit to ensure the safety of your family here at our office. However, if you have any COVID-19 related concerns please call us! We would be happy to provide you with the correct information and resources to help you during these trying times.
- Notify us before your scheduled appointment, if anything has changed regarding an exposure or suspected COVID-19 symptoms, in order for a provider to contact you prior your appointment.
- ONLY Patients who have the appointment will be allowed in the office with their parents at the time of the visit. Since we are trying to minimize contact and the spread of the virus, and in order to keep your family safe, we are asking that any siblings that are not being seen on that day to not come to the office.
- Contactless Check-In. Once you arrive at the office, wait in your car and inform us via phone of your arrival. We will mark you as ‘waiting’ and give you a call back as soon as a room becomes available.
- Masks are required. Bring and wear a face covering throughout the entirety of your visit. If you do not have a mask, please use a scarf or some type of cloth that covers your nose and mouth.
- Telemedicine. During the COVID-19 period, we are using telemedicine services for sick visits and behavioral services. To schedule an appointment click Request an Appointment
- Patient Portal Request to be registered to the patient portal to be able to access all needed forms such as: school excuses, tax letters, immunization, 3300s, etc. The forms will be sent to the portal within 24hrs or less. Through the portal you can access the forms, download them and print them from the comfort of your home. If you want to pick up your forms from the office, please wait in your car and inform us via phone of your arrival. We will print the forms and they will be brought out to your car. NOTE: We will bring out forms as soon as possible, but be aware that you might have to wait until we can get to your request.
- Website. Digital forms for new patients and returning patients are available to you so you can fill them out from the comfort of your home. By doing this you can reduce your waiting time by 30 minutes, click here to submit new patient forms. We will automatically receive them and update your child’s profile based on the information provided.